So I have been wanting to start a blog for a while to keep everyone updated on my life here in Brazil. I have actually never done a blog or anything like this, so bear with me everyone!! There are many things that are so different here and I want to share these experiences with you. Maybe you can get a laugh out of it or have gone through the same thing as well. Well anyway, this is my life as I know it.
So I have been in Brazil now for 60 days and have experienced the ups and downs that living abroad offers. Everyday here is a completely new experience and I never know what to expect. I love it, but it definitely took some getting used to in the beginning. Before I go over the in's and out's of Brazil, let me first give you some quick updates on everyone:
Leo --> He is so cute and is getting so big. He is going to school right now from Monday through Friday from 10 - 5:30 and only in Portuguese. I love this school because its the same one that he went to when we were here in the summer, so when he came back he recognized everything and all of his teachers. Its really unbelievable how fast little kids pick up languages because Leo comes home everyday saying a new word in Portuguese - I love it. Also, he's doing swim classes every Monday and Wednesday before class. Its through his school, so we drop him off on those days at 8:45 in the morning and they transport his class to the swimming class down the street, which starts at 9 and ends at 10 and then they return to school. He absolutely loves! Also, they have the kids wear goggles and swim caps - he's still not used to that haha!! But he IS certainly used to his cute SPEEDO!!
Claudio --> He is working everyday for the media department at a university called FGV in Sao Paulo. He is loving it. He now promotes the University to international companies in Brazil using videos - its so great for him!!
Me --> I am currently training to teach English for a company called Wise Up. I probably will not start until March so in the mean time, I am also giving out my resume to other schools and looking for other jobs. At the same time, I am learning:
How to drive: not only are there only manual cars here, but the roads are unbelievably different and it takes some time getting familiar with the driving ettiquette here. For example, there are sooooooooo many MOTO's (motocycles), but not like a Harly Davidson motocycle - more like a dirt bike style motocycles or small city-style moto's. Actually Claudio is driving a MOTO and he loves it (CRAZY guy!!) haha. I will have to post a picture of it soon. Anway, where was I? Oh yeah, so the moto's just come out of nowhere and I bet at least 1/3 of the transportation is MOTO's. I won't even get started on how unorganized the roads are (I always tell Claudio... Its like some drunk guy threw down the roads and said GOODLUCK!)
Family lifestyle: WOW!! this has probably been the toughest so far to get used to, but its getting MUCH, MUCH better. I am living with my in-laws and they are all traditional Jewish people. This quite a learning experience in itself. They love to be together and when I say together, I mean everyone has breakfast together, everyone has lunch TOgether and everyone has dinner TOGETHER! Do you get my point? Oh I forgot that after dinner everyone watches TV TOGETHER!! lol At first, I was like I don't even spend this much time with my own family let alone someone else's haha! But they are great people and I really love all of them - even the Aunt that surprised me and Claudio one day by cutting Leo's hair! haha I will never forget that (Sorry Jason, but I totally side with mom now when you buzzed Tim and Tom's hair in the middle of winter)... Its just family though.
How to Speak Portuguese: I am a complete foreigner. As soon as I open my mouth to speak, the person wants to know where I am from. haha. I have never experienced this before in my life. Since I was here in the summer, my Portuguese is much better, but there is still room for improvement. When I was here in the summer, I had a professor come to the house and teach me Portuguese and that helped SOO much especially on the phone. But now since Im going to be here longer, I have decided to take Portuguese classes for foreigners at a university called PUC (Pontifícia Universidade Católica). Its down the street and I will be taking classes there Tuesday and Thursday nights. I will also have a tutor, but I think its important to go out and meet other people that are in the same situation. Portuguese is hard, but it can only get better from here!
Taking it day by day.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário