quinta-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2011

Lost in Translation

Hello everyone,

Started my day out pretty normal by having breakfast with the family and getting Leo ready for school.  I was rushing to get out of the house because I had a training to go to for teaching English at a different school called Wizard (not Wise Up).  When I got to the training, there were about 5 people present and two instructors.  For some reason the entire training was in Portuguese and not in English - this really confused me because how do the directors even know if these people can speak English? Let along teach it!

I was the only American or native English speaker and the first hour I was absolutely lost.  We started off the training by playing a game similar to musical chairs, but when we sat down we had to say something about ourselves in Portuguese. It was pretty entertaining when I was speaking. The training was pretty unusual because most of the time I would just smile and act like I knew what was going on, when in reality I was completely lost.

The training started at 9 am and ended at 5pm. So after the training I walked back to the house, dropped off my work bag and went to go pick up Leo at school.  After I picked him up, we went to the bakery right by his school to eat a sorvete (icecream) and drink a juice.  Leo ate his sorvete, half of mine and drank all of the juice.  By the time we left the bakery, his face was covered with chocolate and his hands were all sticky from the juice - he's such a typical BOY!!  When we got back to the house, he was practically ready for bed (sugar high had ended). Until tomorrow everyone!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário